Advance directives are legal documents that allow you to convey your wishes to family, friends, and healthcare professionals in the event that you are unable to communicate. There are several types of advance directives, and it is important to understand the differences between them. Topics include:
- What is an advanced directive?
- Who will make medical decisions for you if you are in a serious accident, or too ill to communicate?
- Differences between a living will, a Healthcare Power of Attorney (HCPOA), and a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate)
- What if you do not have a Living will or HCPOA?
- The Adult Healthcare Consent Act
For more information or to schedule a presentation call 864-422-0022 or email email@example.com.